Monday, March 07, 2005

Random: What if Mayor Doug followed this mayor's example and kept a blog?

Teen Lit: I liked Nina Schindler's Order of Amelie, Hold the Fries (Griffin and Sabine, with text messaging). I'd never read Kafka's The Metamorphosis, so I picked up Peter Kuper's (he draws "Spy vs Spy") comix treatment of the tale. It's so . . . dark, and Gothic, and Victorian. And sad. Yet it does have those few cues from the first part of the 20th century, when Kafka wrote it -- the attention to time and cleaning (I'm thinking about pure food laws, home ec as science, etc.), for example. The art is strong, and detailed.

Dan writes, "It won't seem like a visit to Richmond without her somewhat worried-looking appraisal of my presence. " Catly was awfully worried, for a spoiled house cat!

No comments: