Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A YA author's New York Times Op-Ed piece that warns against age labels for teen lit and calls for publishers to move Young Adult books out of their children's divisions. It reminded me of something I learned reading VOYA: YA is not about how advanced a reader your little darling is, it's about content. That steamy teen romance may well be written with vocabulary words a 4th grader will know, but the situations speak to, or are aimed at, 15 year-olds.

On the Muzak at Ukrop's: "Come on Eileen" and "Life in a Northern Town."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read those pieces yet, although I started the one written by a young HP fan. Wanted to say that I now think of you when I go to Ukrop's and notice the music. They do have a good loop, don't they? Bummer about the deli ~ it'll be interesting to see how its new incarnation pans out. Missed you at S&B ~
Maggi