Friday, July 29, 2005

Blogging
Of blogging about work, the Times says At Your Own Risk. (Thanks CB for the link.)

Of the possibility of my teaching a teen workshop at my work on blogging, the key people have said, basically, We like the idea, but there's a lot we need to look at. Which is what I expected.

Old News
A week ago, P and I enjoyed a day in that other Capital City, visiting Teaism, the Hirshhorn, the Sackler-Freer (including of course that gilded Age masterpiece, the Peacock Room).

At the Hirshhorn, I totally dug the c. 1930 moving pictures included in the exhibition Visual Music. I am sure it's an obvious observation, but Disney borrowed or stole from those works when creating Fantasia (1940). Some of the films in the museum were simple animation, playing with shape and a few colors, but some with lines and music were very similar to the first piece in Fantasia. They also (BLH) made me think of the movie we saw in January '04 -- the decaying movies. The similarity lies in how the movies lack clear, familiar figures and plot, yet I found myself imposing at lease a tone on them -- a sense of menace in both cases.

And as if that wasn't enough, we watched the Nationals beat the Astros, 4-2!

Capital City weather: three clear, clear days around 100, followed by a handful of days in the 80s, though muggy.