Saturday, July 02, 2005

Random

Drifting around looking for different blogs to read, I found this via Laurabelle, whom I read on occasion. I think Charlie is right: I need to take off the link that says where I work if I want to feel better about telling goofy little patron tales. And I do want to tell more, 'cause they're fun to tell. I'm just still so smitten with having a job I like, that I like just seeing the North Park link over there on the right.

Sette (on 23rd - just north of Main -- important instructions I wish I had paid attention to yesterday so we wouldn't have had to wander so much) does indeed have good pizza, and a waitress who -- for a hipster place -- was very nice to the 11-year-old.

As well as the restaurant review, which was tougher than Mom & Dad's review, Style had a great back page item on Summer Heat, Get Over It -- a favorite theme of mine. I drove up 301 to work the other day -- because I had time after my World Cup breakfast and because it's a nice change -- and just giggled with delight that I am not in charge of summer camps any more. I never again have to have inane conversations about how my counselors are cruelly forcing children to drink water, or about how Jim Duncan said it will be too hot to breathe, today, so please keep my-little-darling in the air conditioning. Yeah, lady, her and all 100 other people on the property are going to fit in the tiny day camp office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right?
Me? Really?

Hurray!!! Wait, what was I right about? Oh, yeah. OK, yay for me!

Oh, and the pizza did look good in the STYLE write-up, and people really do need to just deal with the heat. (No, that's not a split infinitive as it appears to be; clearly "to just deal [with]" is a single verb, distinct from "to deal"

C.