Monday, June 06, 2005

Yes, it was a good idea to leave the window a/c unit (on "Energy Saver," of course) on when I left for work around noon.

Part of me thought, How hot could it be at 9:20 p.m. on the first 90+ degree day of the summer? Can I afford such a bold move? Luckily, the smarter part replied, It could be durned hot n muggy, especially after spending all day in the North Pole Branch. (In fairness to adorable North Park, today was the 3rd or 4th time I was not too cold at work. . . .) The National Weather Service says it's 84 degrees, with 72% humidity.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I was a bit surprised that it stayed hot into the evening, but it was nasty up here both yesterday and today. The reasonably cool-n-violent thunderstorms cooled things down for a while, but Monday was hot enough that the city schools closed down at noon. (Yay! unexpected mini-vacation!)

Lisa said...

I know June is supposed to be hot. The hard part was the shift from a lovely, cool Saturday night (as in "I am glad to have my down comforter still")to a hot Sunday morning. The feathers came off the bed that day and I haven't looked back. It's 71 at 7 a.m.