Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Good News Everybody
You will once more find Dan perched at The Marble Bar.

Oops, Style has yet to post today's issue online. They deliver it to NP on Tuesday evening, most weeks. Since Dan writes about public transportation, I wanted to note that a councilman has plans for yet another revival of (rubber-wheeled) trolley service. I move quickly to the selfish on the issue: can I get to the other end of Carytown, without lots of advanced planning, and cheaply? Some days, the walk all the way out and home seems too long, but using the car seems such a waste. My longer trips (VCU, the Library of Va., and downtown generally) are all easily managed on the regular bus. Also in this week's issue, Garland Pollard uses the Backpage to vent his spleen (articulately) on downtown projects. I'll provide links when I get a chance, or got to Style online yourself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there -
doots again
i linked your blog to my livejournal and didn't even think to ask to make sure that was cool first.
oops.
so here's me asking, and here's to hindsight!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Yeah, that's fine. What's the URL, so I can visit? Continuing the spirit of disclosure, see this page. (I hope I coded that right.)

Anonymous said...

my journal thing

oh, and that picture of me you linked is entirely too sexy.

~Doots

Daniel said...

um, Lisa...ALL trolleys have wheels. The issue is whether or not said wheels follow a set of tracks or not.

Sorry, couldn't resist.