Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Another thing I do at work is collect boxes. As leasebook manager, I help the boss select best sellers to lease, I stow the boxes in which Baker & Taylor sends the books to us, and when interest in older titles has waned, I pack them up in those boxes for return shipping. When I arrived, the waiting boxes had been flung against the wall behind my cublicle. As a neat freak, I started folding the flaps, putting small boxes in larger ones, and stacking them neatly in the nook between a place where the outside wall bumps out and a bookshelf. Ideally, they don't encroach on the tall, skinny window that's 24-30" from the floor-- I keep the stack low. Yup, I play Tetris with the boxes, lacking the zig-zag and the "L." Speaking of the "L," this is cool: Boing Boing: Real-life Tetris video.

No comments: