Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sports & Gardening Page

Happy Opening Day! I spent it finding little of interest to me on mlb.com, including, nothing on the Nationals exhibition game the folks went to see. I couldn't even wear my new Nats t-shirt because although it's been sunny, I don't think it got much over 50 degrees.

I kept warm by doing long-delayed chores like digging out the dirt and debris that washes down the outside basement stairs and making a start on cleaning the fish pond. I know that oak tree will start blooming and any day now and cloud up the water all over again. Blooming already: daffodils and grape hyacinths.

For the fourth week in a row, the local carrier did not bring me a Washington Post -- making it just that much harder to become a fan of the new team. Luckily, I see I have an e-mail from C who got us tickets for the old team's home opener, next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the exhibition game, and I think that RFK isn't such a bad stadium. Except for being a little windy (and that's a major understatement), and running out of hot dogs (can you imagine?!) Jason and I had a great time at the game. Go Expos!! I mean Nationals!!

Lisa said...

How could they run out of dogs?? How could you not invite me?! My folks left after 5 innings.