Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.
Until Bill mentioned it, I forgot that I had forgotten to blog that I saw the preview for the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie last week. From the first note of music, I thought, "Oh, something heartwarming. Yawn." Then as the camera pulled back, I thought, as I often do when I see images of the earth in space these last 20-some years, in snippets of H2G2 text: "utterly insignificant little blue-green planet"; "unfashionable end of ... the galaxy." Just as those began to run through my head, the preview got to the, as it were, payoff pitch, and I saw that for once I was right to have had those thoughts. I actually bounced in my seat a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it would be safe to characterize that trailer as Mostly Harmless. Still, it really tells us just about jack-squat about the actual movie, doesn't it?

Skeptical after LotR disappointment,
P.