Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Misc.

It was pouring snow when I left C&J's in Columbia this morning (thanks for the hospitality, y'all). I want Saturday's weather back, please. Despite driving on my own and the weather, I got to school in just under an hour, no problem.

Our special collections class took a field trip to CUA's Rare Books room. I liked the Albani family collection (15th - 19th centuries), with the family's own collocation codes plain as day, hundreds of years later. [Discuss: will anyone be able to make any sense of your computer files in 40 years, much less 400?]

Cheers to BLH (nice hat!) for resume chat. On my To Do List: try to make the thing shorter; find a writing sample to schlep around to interviews.

Seen on 95: a stretch limo, just south of Ashland. On a Tuesday night? What's up with that?

(Blogger's spell check doesn't know "schlep," but MSWord is down with it. Did I teach MSWord my three or fours words of Yiddish, or did it come that way?)



No comments: