Tuesday, July 20, 2004

All Done
 
Comps are now part of my past. Thanks again to all who offered words of encouragement, notes, and links to articles. I got to CUA on Friday a touch later than I wanted, but still early enough to bounce around the halls of Marist checking on friends and wonder who the 20-some people I had never seen before were. That day, I wrote about the impact of technology on two areas of library service, filling most of a blue book and running one pen out of ink. Next I wrote what, looking back, may be my weakest essay, on outreach. About 1/3 of the way into that one, my hand cramped so badly I said "ouch" out loud, drawing at least C's attention and/or sympathy.
 
I seem to have lost Saturday's list of questions, and as of this writing, no one had posted them on the SLIS website. I know I wrote about points to consider when choosing electronic journals; we had a final exam question for collection development on that topic. The other one was a topic I liked . . . I remember that much. I used about 2/3 of a blue book on each of those. In comparing notes with the others, afterwards, I fretted most about quantity: it seemed like they had used  many more examples and made many points that slipped my mind. Alas, it will be September before we learn if we passed or not.
 
In other weekend diversions: dinner at Vera's. A trip downtown to see Fala and FDR, a bit of a cricket match, and an odd sculpture by the Potomac. Cheers to BL for fab meals on Saturday. I left Brookland a little after ten on Saturday night. It started raining the moment I crossed into Virginia and didn't let up the whole 100 more miles.

The whole expedition wore me out. I am just beginning to feel myself again.







2 comments:

sarah said...

huzzah! Congrats on being through!

Anonymous said...

Maggi here ~ was hoping this post would say if you'd passed or not -- but I'm sure you did. I thought of you often, taking tests as you were on your birthday! Come S&B on 8/3~