Friday, December 02, 2005

Listen

Set aside about 30 minutes and listen to "A Car Talk Christmas Carol," here, while taking virtual scissors to e-snowflakes. Thanks to Steph S. for the awesome links -- she's sure to get something nice in her stocking for sharing!

Look

Yesterday, I spent about two hours at one of the bigger libraries putting special new identification tags in a couple hundred books. We took Fiction, the end of E - FO. Is it bad that at one point my mental count showed that I had seen more movie versions than I had read books? Giant, Bridget Jones's Diary -- and -- bother. That's the trouble with a mental list. I caught up in the Fs, with Faulkner and Fford.

As an "area library," D has much more Faulkner than NP, but I can never remember what I've read. As an area library, there was more of everything: Jonathan Franzen's first(?) book, The Twenty-seventh City, for example.

Stop

Okay, time to stop writing, and start baking!

No comments: