On Monday, GSUSA turned 100. As I tweeted, "Because of Girl Scouts, I have confidence, leadership skills, tons of great memories, and friends worldwide.
- My first paycheck came from the local GS council for my job as a camp counselor
- The first "long-distance" driving I ever did was from home in Midlothian to camp in Northumberland County.
- GS didn't take me to as many far-flung places as it takes some, but I did go to the Edith Macy training center in New York (1997; below) and a GS convention in Kansas City.
- I've made life-long friends -- sisters -- across generations.
- I've earned stuff.
- and honored others for their achievements.