Sunday, May 22, 2005

It's a Boy!

My second nephew arrived last -- er, this morning, around half-past midnight. He was born at home (as planned). I think his 'rents are going with Timothy Brian, but I was tooooo sleeeepy to take it all in. Martin was not sleepy and kept Mom/Grandma and I up with endless ball-throwing, book-reading, and peek-a-booing.

Knitting: I got one bootie done before his arrival. . . . It turned out better than I expected. I find the navy blue cotton a bit hard to work with. (I know what you're thinking: what if baby had been a girl? Girls don't wear blue! Of course we do. But I might have made the bows that tie them on pink.)

Capital City weather
: Sunny and warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Con-graduations to all involved!

P.

Daniel said...

Perhaps if your brother reads this, he'll remember that he hasn't yet told his best man that his second child was born...

Silly, that's why you either a)knit a pink pair of booties and a blue or b)make them white, pastel yellow or green, which suit all purposes.

Lisa said...

Daniel, you know I am all about deconstructing the gender stereotypes. Navy blue for everyone!

That said, you would have loved the skirt and sandals outfit I wore for Martin's b'day last night. (They don't read the blog: I am safe in saying, Who has a party for a 2 year old in the middle of the night? I came over after work at 9 and they had just started on cake and not even done presents!)