Wednesday, May 05, 2004

At Richmond Public Library
I missed The Simpsons tonight because I attended my final Friends of RPL Board meeting. TDespite the plastic covering the carpet, we met in the Gellman Room. Its share of this year's renovation was fresh paint, rug, and new light fixtures. We got a peak in the new children's room, in the old art section. It features bright linoleum, carpet, and more cool light fixtures. It's a much more formal approach than many kids' spaces -- and I don't think that's a bad thing. It does mean that the people working there must be great at being welcoming and approachable.

This Week
At Target: no fewer than three women wearing orange.
On a walk to the Video Fan: azaleas, kids playing with their grown ups in the yard at Fox School, dogs, and the juxtaposition of new trees in tree wells but the house repairs made by the old tree's fall in the hurricane still not completed.
In City Hall (where I to support the library at a budget hearing): I was pleasantly surprised by the council's chambers. It looks all bleak and Scandinavian modern on TV. In person, it is sober and impressive without being oppressive. The names of all of the city's mayors are carved into the wall, in two great columns. Shall I follow in Bill's footsteps and have a no-prize-at-all game? For No Reward Whatsover: What is the first name on the list?

No comments: