Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I-95 Stream of Consciousness

Can I make it home for West Wing? Are we supposed to be having so much fun in grad school? Am I doing the right thing taking 295 when 395 came to a halt in the tunnel? Am I doing the right thing with the classes I am taking? The other kids all know when they’ll take comps and the dates of summer sessions and I don’t. Where are all these people going? Do “oldies” stations have play lists? They seem to play the same tunes over and over. If it’s supposed to snow three inches, why do I see Orion so clearly? Are we there yet? Was that a cop? What did he just say? I’m listening to The Great Gatsby, now: a train conductor asks, “Hot enough for you?” – have we been stuck on that phrase for 80 years?? If I’m in Caroline County at 20 til, will I make it home for West Wing?

No comments: