Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Noble

On the way out the door tonight, a co-worker said: Oh my gosh, I forgot to tell you all this. When I went to get something to eat at McDonald's the guy -- I think he was a manager -- noticed my nametag and said, "Ohhh, the Library. I always wanted to be a librarian. It's such a noble job."

After last night's brief Three Stooges routine as we tried to figure out what alarm was going off, several episodes of printer snafus, and a couple of cases of misunderstanding what a patron said, that's a good reminder.


Capital City weather: sunny, breezy, 70

In Carytown: The man at Merrymaker talked up Crane's Stationery and all the fabulous new colors and designs they have. It's true, but I needed plain, serious note cards today. Next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unsolicited testimonial:
I like Crane's stationery (no, really!), but I stick to the boring old ivory/ecru/off-white. I've even been able to use my old dip-pen without surface-texture issues.

P.
A Certified Anachronism and Eccentric

Lisa said...

I did not expect that traditionalism from you. I feel sure my buddy in Baltimore has the same opinion -- I'm also pretty sure he doesn't read this anymore, so I figured I was safe from recrimintaiton. : )

Anonymous said...

We do wonder how "Buddy in Baltimore" is. We often check his site for a post but sadly, see none. Our best regards to you both.

George, Martha and Steve