Friday, December 10, 2004

Fog
The title is Goochland Fog, but this painting-a-day work by a Richmonder (link from boingboing) captures the blurriness of the whole metro area this morning. In the middle of the night, we had thunderstorms.

On Wednesday, I went to happy hour at the nearly renovated American Heritage Place building at 10th and Main. Yes, fabulous location and views. Yes, the best apartments were nice, but many details fell short. Perhaps the workers rushed to be ready for tonight, but many details disapointed: a broken window, paint on windows, and sloppy finishing. Also, the odd patching of the floors bothered me. Some of the damaged wood had been left for Character, I am sure, but much of it was so icky, I didn't see the point. For instance, the lake-shaped dark spots under two west-facing windows suggested it had rained in for a while. Here's the building as a bank.

After school today (more civics), I put myself through the annual paces of making spritz cookies. I used 4.5 cups of flour, 3 sticks of butter, and 4 bowls. Baking went quickly, but the mess is intimidating, and I am fast fading.

Tomorrow: Dan's party!

No comments: